- 6oz Shipton Mill Cake and Pastry Flour
- 4oz Butter
- 3oz Caster Sugar
- 2oz Currants
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Sift the flour, Baking Powder and salt into a bowl. Add the butter. Rub together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and currants.
- Lightly beat the egg and add. Gather the mixture into a ball, adding enough milk to assist
- Roll out until about 5mm thick. Use a 2.5 - 3inch cookie cutter to make rounds.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan to low to medium heat. Cook in small batches until golden brown - about 4-5 mins on each side.
Thanks for this recipe to my mum!