250g White Flour
250g Wholemeal Flour
- Mix all the ingredients together and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is a nice silky smooth texture and springs back after pressing a finger against the ball.
- Place in a large container (allow for 3 times expansion) and cover with a lid/plastic bag.
- Leave for 6-7 hours and then knead out the gases (knock back) for about 2 minutes.
- Split the dough into two halves and leave to prove for a further hour – covered with a wet cloth. This can be in a baking tin or on a tray.
- Once ready make three slits in the top and sprinkle with flour.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 210ºC for 40-45 minutes.