Ingredients:350 g mixed dried fruit (e.g. currants, sultanas, raisins, dates, cherries, figs)
350 ml strong black tea
2 eggs, beaten
270g wholemeal self raising flour
100g dark soft brown sugar
1tsp ground cinnamon
1. Pleace the dried fruit in a bowl and pour over the tea. Cover and leave to soak for a few hours, preferably overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Line a 2lb loaf tin.
3. Mix all the ingredients well.
4. Pour into the tin and bake for 1-1.5 hours until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Turn out of the tin and cool on a wire rack.
6. Serve with or without butter.