- 100g sourdough starter
- 320g water (room temperature)
- 525g Shipton Mill Seeded White Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white granulated sugar
- Mix the water and sourdough starter together to a runny batter
- Gently mix in the flour to make a sticky dough.
- Add the salt and knead the dough well for about 5minutes
- Return the dough to the mixing bowl, cover and leave in a cool place for 2-3 hours
- When roughly doubled in size, gently “knock back” the dough with a light knead
- Shape the dough into a “baton”, and place into a lightly oiled non-stick baking tin for a final prove
- .Leave the dough to prove for 2-3 hours or until at least doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C. With a sharp blade, cut a few diagonal slashes in the top of the dough.
- Bake the loaf for abound 50 minutes or until the top crust is golden