organic dark rye flour 500g
(this amount is more than enough for a pie. Freeze the left over dough.)
minced meat (beef, turkey or pork - whatever you like!) 400g
vegetable oil 2tbsp
1 onion (chopped)
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
1 carrot (grated)
ready to eat apricot (chopped) 100g
ready to eat prune (chopped) 100g
grated lemon peel 2tsp
chopped parsely 2tbsp
tomato paste 2tbsp
fresh bread crumb 200cc (1 cupful?)
- Make pastry with ingredients A; Put flour into a large bowl. Cut butter into flour finely and add cold water. Make into a ball, wrap it up and rest it in the fridge (just like making normal pastry dough).
- While resting the pastry dough, heat frying pan and add butter and vegetable oil. Then fry minced meat and chopped onion with salt, black pepper and nutmeg as to your liking.
- When the meat and onion is cooled down, add the rest of the ingredients of B and mix well.
- Roll the dough to 3mm thickness. Line the pie dish, fill it with meat mix and seal it with more pastry dough.
- Bake the pie in the oven with temperature 220°C for 10 minutes and for another 20 minutes with reduced temperature of 180°C.