50g Rye Flour
80g Hot Water
1. Mix to a thick, creamy batter and stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
25g Rye Flour
40g Hot Water
1. Add to your previous day's ferment, mix to a creamy batter and stand for 24hours.
Day 3,4 and 5
Repeat Day 2 actions.
By this time it should be fermenting nicely
500g Rye Flour
100g Sour Starter
320g Warm Water
1. Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix to clear dough; this will have a different appearance and texture to wheat flour.
2. Tip out onto a well-floured work surface and scale off into 500g units.
3. Roll around in the flour to avoid sticking and place into a greased bread tin or a well-floured proving basket and
4. Allow to prove for about 4 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 250ºCc and bake for about 50-60 minutes, reducing the heat to 200ºC half way through.