We have a Panasonic SD-2500 bread maker that had very little use except for the occasional pre-packaged bread mix pack thrown in with some water for a sometimes functional loaf.
I started experimenting with various options but found a great combination for an everyday bread that is now our normal.
Start with the yeast in the bottom, then flour, salt, sugar, sunflower oil and water.
Program number 5 (3hrs) with Large setting and in three hours you have a perfect loaf.
- 1.5 tsp - Organic DRIED yeast
- 400g - Organic 100% Wholemeal Flour
- 100g - Organic White Flour - No.4
- 1 tsp - salt
- 1.5 tsp - sugar (I use caster but any should work)
- 2 tbsp (30ml) - sunflower oil
- 350-370ml - warm water
Looking around most of this bread maker range seem to have the same settings. I have no affiliation with this brand other than it seems to work for us.