• 200 grams Shipton Mill Organic White #4
• 50 grams plain flour
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
230 grams butter, softened to room temperature
200 grams brown sugar
100 grams granulated sugar
2 large eggs room temperature
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
300 grams old-fashioned rolled oats
380 grams milk or semi sweet chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 180 C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, aluminium foil, or silicone baking mats and set aside.
• In a large-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
• In a separate large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for about 1-2 minutes or until well combined. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined. Mix in the oats, then the chocolate chips until just combined. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
• Using a 1.5-2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, making sure to leave a little room between each one. Bake in separate batches (keep the other batch of cookie dough in the refrigerator while the first batch bakes) at 350°F for 10-13 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are set.
• Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
• This recipe can very easily be halved, but I find they disappear quickly. :)