- Preheat oven to 160 (fan assisted 150)
- 16oz Butter
- 16oz caster Sugar
- 8 free range eggs
- 16 oz Shipton Mill Self Raising flour
- 500g of raspberries
For the filling use :
- 6oz of butter
- 16oz of icing sugar
- 1oz of icing sugar for dusting top of the sponge
- In a mixing bowl add the butter & sugar together then fork through to make a creamy consistency.
- Add the free range eggs one by one and whisk until fluffy.
- Sieve in the flour and fold into the mixture with a spoon.
- Line the bottom of 2 9inc cake tins with grease proof paper ,half the mixture between 2 tins.
- Get your raspberries and push them gently in to the mixture until covered evenly.
- Place in the oven for 45 - 60 minutes, check with a skewer and if its clean when pulled out take out the oven.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
- When cooled mix the icing sugar & butter together with a fork until creamy . Using a palate knife spread the butter icing evenly over one half of the sponge, place the other sponge on top & lightly dust with icing sugar (sieved)