Makes 2 loaves
* 500g Shipton Mill organic white bread flour
* 7g active dry yeast
* 1 tsp (5g) salt
* 320ml lukewarm water
1. In a large bowl, mix flour with salt and yeast. Add water, mix everything together and start kneading until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Transfer the dough to a clean oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit for about 1 hour to rise at room temperature, until doubled in size.
2. Dust some flour on the working surface. Transfer dough to the floured surface. Divide the dough into 2 pieces and give 2-3 twists to each piece of dough. Put them into a parchment paper lined baking tray. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for another 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 470°F (240°C).
4. Place a small pot with hot water at the base of the oven to create steam.
5. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes with steam.
6. Remove the pot with water from the oven, reduce oven temperature to 440°F (230°C) and bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden.
7. Cool on a wire rack. Let the bread cool completely before cutting.