- 350g Wholemeal Flour
- 150g Strong White Flour
- 30g Fresh Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 150ml Guinness
- 2 Tablespoons Treacle
- 120ml Water
- Mix both flours in a bowl, crumble in the fresh yeast,and the salt.
- Now add the Treacle, Guinness and Water.
- Mix all the ingredients together in the bowl.
- Turn the ingredients out and knead well for 5 minutes.
- Put dough back in bowl, cover and allow to prove for 1 hour.
- Flatten dough, shape and place on a floured baking tray. Allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Make some slashes across the loaf and dust with wholemeal flour.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven at 220c
This is a very tasty loaf which has become a favourite in our household.
Thanks for this recipe to Lesley at Lesleyskitchen.com who introduced us to the best of fresh bread.