Baking: Conventional oven at 180 C for 25-30 minutes
Makes: 990g (100%)
1 X 16 x 26 cm tray (6x 165 g – 8cm x 8cm)
• 1 tbsp ground linseeds + 3 tbsp warm water (set aside for 10 minutes)
• 180 g vegan GF dark chocolate
• 80g vegan margarine, at room temperature
• 200g raw cane sugar
• 60 g rice drink
• 10 g lemon juice
• 1 tsp vanilla paste
• 140 g gluten-free flour
• 150 g ground almonds
• 60 g vegan GF cocoa powder
• A pinch of salt
• ¼ tsp sodium bicarbonate
• 100 g oven-roasted chopped walnuts
• 50 g oven-roasted whole walnuts
• 100 g coconut milk
• 90 g vegan, GF dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 C and grease & line a 16 x 26 cm brownie tray.
- Melt chocolate & in the microwave. Stir in the margarine until it melts completely.
- Fold in the sugar, gluey linseeds, vanilla, rice drink & lemon juice.
- Sift flour, sodium bicarbonate and cocoa powder together and fold them into the chocolate mixture together with the ground almonds.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the tray and bake at 180 C for 25-30 minutes
- Let it cool in the tray on the wire rack. Fold it out from the tray when cool and firm enough.
- Prepare the ganache: bring the coconut milk to the boil and pour it over the chocolate chips or pieces. Mix them together. Wait about 10 minutes, then spread the ganache on the top of the brownie. Sprinkle whole oven-roasted walnuts on top. Refrigerate it until the ganache sets, then cut the brownie into equal pieces.Store in an airtight container in a cool room.
Ginger: replace walnuts with 60 g crystallised ginger spices, add 1 tbsp of grated ginger + replace 50g of sugar with molasses.
Sour cherry: replace walnuts with 100 g cherries.
Raspberry: replace walnuts with 100 g raspberries.
Coconut: replace ground almonds with desiccated coconut, use coconut milk instead of rice drink and replace walnuts with coconut shavings.
Peanut butter: replace 130g margarine with peanut butter and the walnuts with 100 g chopped and oven-roasted peanuts.