White spelt flour makes delicious biscuits like these lovely gingery ones. Recipe makes 20 biscuits.
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp milk
- 200g white spelt flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 100g crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 160/325/Gas 3.
- Line 2 baking sheets with greased baking paper.
- Chop the crystallized ginger into chocolate chip sized pieces.
- In a bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add the bicarb, golden syrup and milk and mix well.
- Sift in the spelt flour and ground ginger and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 20 and roll into balls.
- Place the balls on the greased baking paper and add chopped pieces crystallized ginger to the top of each ball.
- Bake for around 20 minutes (swapping the shelves every couple of minutes if the heat in your oven is uneven).
- Cool on wire racks.
Thanks for this recipe to ....