- 300g butter
- 120g icing sugar
- 150g custard powder
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
- 150g cream cheese
- 75g icing sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 65ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 160°C for a fan oven.
- Sift the icing sugar, flour and custard powder together and mix
- Add the butter and vanilla essence and mix - either by rubbing the dry ingredients into the butter by hand or using a mixer. Once you have a smooth dough shape it into small ball (I do 10g each which make small biscuits)
- Place the balls about 2cm apart on a baking tray. Use a fork to press the balls down into circles.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until they turn slightly brown
- You can decorate and eat them as single biscuits, or you can use cream and jam to stick two together for a more indulgent treat.
- To make the cream, lightly whip the cream cheese until smooth, sieve over the icing sugar and cornflour and then mix. Whisk the cream to soft peaks, add slowly to the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread one biscuit with the cream filling and spread another one with jam, then stick them together.