100g light brown soft sugar
4tbsp coffee powder
100g plain flour
For the Pecan Praline
100g chopped pecan nuts
200g caster sugar
For the Filling and Decoration
150ml double cream
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a swiss roll tin with baking paper.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk for 5 minutes, until you have a mousse-like mixture.
- Mix the coffee powder with 2 tbsp hot water to make a paste.
- Sift the flour into the above mixture, and gently fold to combine.
- Spread evenly into the tin. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Turn out onto a baking paper. Cool a little and then roll up from the long side with the paper. Now let it cool.
- Toast the pecans in the oven on a baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the caster sugar in 3 tbsp water in a saucepan, on a low heat. Once dissolved, turn up the heat and boil, without stirring, until the sugar begins to caramelise.
- Pour over the nuts and leave to set for 10-15 minutes. Break into rough pieces and grind all of it in a food processor.
- Whip the cream with the sugar, until it holds its shape.
- Spread the cream onto the unrolled roulade, sprinkle with half of the praline and re-roll.
- Decorate the top with cream and the remaining praline.