75g Rye Flour
7.5g Fresh Yeast
175g Ciabatta Flour
1. Combine all the above ingredients and mix to form a rough dough.
2.Cover and leave for from 16 to 24 hours, ensuring that there is enough room in the bowl for the dough to prove.
625g Ciabatta Flour
30g Fresh Yeast
400ml Tepid water
100ml Extra Virgin olive oil
1. Add the sponge prepared previously to the above ingredients.
2. Mix all tohgether to form a very slack/runny dough, almost like a batter.
3. Pour this dough into a deep bowl and leave to at least double in size.
4. Once fermentation has been left for a sufficient amount of time turn the dough onto a well-floured surface and press out to a flat sheet using your hands.
5. Then using a chef's knife cut the dough into oblongs and give them a little stretch before placing onto a baking sheet.
6. Preheat oven to 250ºC/485ºF/Gas mark 8
7. Leave the dough to prove for a further 45 minutes
8. Bake for approximately 18 minutes.