- 225g light rye flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp ground cinnamon (please increase to your taste!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 175g brown sugar
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 225g raw carrots
- 2 eggs
- Grate carrots in a mixing bowl and add brown sugar. Mix them thoroughly and leave until they become wet.
- Add vegetable oil and mix thoroughly again.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Combine all dry ingredients, sift them to the carrot mixture in three goes and fold them properly
- Pour the mixture to a cake tin and bake at 180 centigrade or gas 4 for ahout 50minutes to 1 hour (it bakes OK with combination oven as well!)