wholemeal heritage blend four 1kg
white heritage blend 300g
fresh yeast 40g
light oil 2tbs
course muscovado sugar 2tps (heaped)
pumpkin seeds 2 generous handfuls
vit C approx 1g
poppy seeds sprinkle
1. Mix the two flours, the pumpkin seeds and the salt.
2. measure the water at tepid temp and add to it the sugar vit C the yeast and the oil. Stir this thoroughly to
3. Wait 20-30 mins until the yeast is active.
4. Mix the water into the flour and stir,mix with a hand for 5 minutes until you have a good and fairly wet, sticky dough.
5. Set to rise in a warm place until doubled in size - usually an hour.
6. Turn out onto an oiled surface and oil your hands. Knock back.
7. Divide the dough into 2 equal halves
8. Stretch, fold and turn several times until the dough tightens.
9. Shape each loaf and place in a tin. I find the large tins from Hobbs House bakery are ideal. Otherwise a 1 kg loaf tin.
10. Slash the top of the loaf and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
11. Bake for 35 mins in fan oven at 200 degrees C, or for the usual in the Aga.
12. Remove from tins and replace on rack in oven for approx 10 mins, until crust looks and sounds good.
13. Let them cool on a rack for 45 mins before slicing.
14. Good luck!