For the sourdough pre-ferment:
10 g sourdough starter
60 g cool water
50 g wholemeal rye flour
For the dough:
350 g lukewarm water
400 g strong stoneground whole-wheat flour
60 g wholemeal rye flour
17 g fine sea salt
60 g sunflower seeds
60 g pumpking seeds
1. In a large bowl add the sourdough starter, cool water and wholemeal rye flour. Mix for 30 seconds and let them rest at room temperature for 8-12 hours covered with a towel.
Toast the sunflower seeds and pumking seeds until golden, this proccess will give the most amazing flavour to your bread. Soak them for 8-12 hours.
2. Drain the seeds and add them into the pre-fermented mix. Add the rest of ingredients for the dough. Mix them by hand or with a dough scrapper. Let it rise for 3-5 hours.
3. Oil a loaf pan with olive oil and sprinkle the sides with a thin layer of whole wheat flour.
4. Let the dough rest in the pan for about 3 hours. Right before it goes into the oven, slash 2 or 3 times with a knife on the top side of the loaf.
5. Bake your loaf at 240 ̊c for 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Remove the bread from the oven and cool on a rack, then enjoy!