125g unfed starter
27g olive oil
100g wholemeal flour (I use Shipton Mill's Biodynamic Stoneground Wholemeal Flour)
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
Extra salt for topping
1. Add starter and oil to a bowl and mix.
2. Add flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda to bowl and combine all ingredient together. Kneading lightly if needed.
3. Cover and rest for six hours at room temperature or in the refrigerator overnight.
4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 175°C (or 165°C for a fan oven).
5. Divide the dough into two halves on a floured surface. Roll dough out to two millimeters thick.
6. Move dough onto two ungreased flat baking trays.
7. Cut into squares/shapes using a pizza cutter and sprinkle with extra salt.
8. Bake for 6 – 8 minutes, rotate trays and bake for another 6 – 8 minutes. The crackers are done when they are crispy and slightly browned.
9. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.