Starter is 1 part old starter
100g Strong white flour
100g Stoneground wholemeal flour
Mix and rest for 12 hours and at least doubled in size (say 10pm previous evening).
800g Strong white flour
320g Some of the starter from above
1. Water temperature = 54 - ((flour temperature + starter temp) / 2)°C (maximum of 40°C)
2. Measure the starter into a bowl and add the water. Mix until combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to a shaggy mess.
4. Tip dough out onto the bench and knead until silky smooth (about 5 minutes). Place back in the bowl covered with a plastic bag for an hour.
5. Place the dough back in the bowl and cover with a loose plastic bag. Rest for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
6. Divide the dough into two and mould each piece into a ball and bench rest for 20 minutes with an upturned bowl on top.
7. Make the final mould and place in a dusted banneton for a final proof of 2-3 hours. Cover with a plastic bag.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 230°C.