- Preheat oven to 210°C/Gas 6/fan 190°C
- 100g strong white flour
- 100g wholemeal spelt flour
- 5g salt
- 5g organisc yeast
- 20g honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 160ml cool water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of Shipton Mill 5 seed blend
- Put the flours into a large bowl and add the salt, sugar and yeast being sure to not add the yeast too close to the salt. Add the oil and water and work the mixture with your hands until your mixture forms a rough dough. You could also do this in a food mixture.
- Put the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, until the dough becomes smooth and silky. Cover and leave to prove for 1-2 hours.
- Once the dough has risen tip it out onto a floured surface and knock the air out. Then divide the dough into 5-6 pieces and roll between the hands into balls.
- Place on an oven tray and press each roll down slightly to create the bap shape. Then leave to prove for 1-2 hours in a plastic bag until they have doubled in size. Turn on the oven to 210°C.
- Brush with egg and then press on some Shipton Mill Seed blend onto each roll.
- Put in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the rolls are golden brown.
- Slice open and fill with cheddar cheese and homemade pickle for a perfect lunch box treat.
Adapted from Paul Hollywood's Barm Cakes in How to Bake.