1 tablespoon milk powder
1 egg beaten
2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room tempeature
½ teaspoon salt
2~3 teaspoons ground mixed spice
325g white bread flour
100g fruit and nut muselli
3 tablespoons caster sugar (I am trying to watch my sugar intake so only add 1 at the moment, still tastes lovely)
1½ teaspoon fast~action dried yeast
150g dried mixed fruit
40g dried cranberries
40g chopped pecans
- Put the water and beaten egg into the bread pan.
- If you have a separate compartment, put the pecans and cranberries in there, if not add when the raisin beep sounds.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dried mixed fruit, flour and muselli together ~ and then gently spoon over the water and egg.
- In separate corners, add the milk powder, butter, salt and ground mixed spice.
- Make a slight indent in the middle and add the sugar and yeast.
- Set your bread machine on a sweet setting with a medium crust.
- At the end of the programme, loosen the bread with a plastic spatula, turn onto a wire rack to allow to cool before slicing up.
- I have this bread for breakfast, but normally freeze it, so far it has kept for upto a week, not sure if it would keep for any longer as I alway use it before then.