• 126g Canadian strong white bread flour
• 126g organic spelt wholemeal flour
• 196g water
• 406g mature 100% hydration starter
• 350g Canadian strong white bread flour
• 126g water
• 14g salt
• 42g mixed pumpkin and sunflower seeds, toasted
DAY 1 – MAKING LEVAIN
1. Combine all levain ingredients and whisk to form smooth batter. Cover and ferment overnight in fridge/cold room, until bubbly.
DAY 2 – MAKING AND SHAPING DOUGH
2. Add dough flour and water to levain, combine and autolyse for about 30 minutes.
3. Add salt; mix until dough reaches a full gluten development.
4. Mix in seeds
5. Put in low, wide, oiled container. Bulk ferment for 2 hours at about 28c while performing 3 sets of stretch and folds at 30 minute intervals
6. On floured counter, mold lightly into boule; dust lightly with flour; cover and rest for 10 minutes.
7. Mold into final boule shape; place seam-side-up in banneton, cover and partially proof for 1 hour
8. Retard in fridge overnight
DAY 3 – BAKING
9. Pre-heat oven and dutch ovens for about 1 hour at highest setting.
10. Straight from fridge, invert loaves onto peel and score; load into dutch oven; cover with lid.
11. Bake for 30 minutes @ 240c; remove lid and release steam, reduce oven temperature to 220c, bake for further 25 mins
12. To crispen, bake loaves a further 5 mins with oven door ajar until core loaf temperature reaches 96oc.