These are more savoury than sweet digestives and are great with cheese, or crumbled over yoghurt and honey.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 5/fan 180°C
- 250g Wholemeal Spelt
- 250g Oatmeal
- 2 dessert spoons of Honey
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 10g Salt
- 1 heaped tsp Ground Ginger
- 140ml Sunflower Oil
- A little Milk to milk
- Mix all of the ingredients together to form a dough but add the milk last, and just a little bit at a time until you have a slightly sticky consistency.
- Wrap the dough in cling film, and place into the fridge for 1 hour. Don't leave it in the fridge for too much longer or it will be difficult to roll out.
- Unwarp the dough and roll out carefully between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper until it is about 8mm thick.
- Use a cutter to cut small 6cm rounds.
- Bake in the oven on 180 degrees centigrade/Gas Mark 4 for 10-12 minutes or until the edges just start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a rack