- 12oz Spelt flour sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 6oz Butter or Baking Fat
- 2oz Lard
- 10oz Brown sugar
- 6-8oz mixed dried fruit
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3 tbs Milk plus a small amount to adjust consistancy
- Pre Heat oven too gas mark 4.
- Rub together Flour Butter and Fat to a bread crumb consistancy.
- Mix in the Sugar anf Mixed Spice.
- Mix Eggs Milk and Vanilla Essence together and add to the dry mix.
- If necessary add a small amount of Milk to a dropping consistancy.
- Line a large baking tin. (I use the roasting tin) Place mixture in the tin and bake in the centre of the oven for a minimum of 25 minutes.