- 300g Organic Self-Raising Flour
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 90g Unsalted Butter
- 250g Sourdough Starter
- 50ml Milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 220-240ºC.
2. Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and butter in a bowl or stand mixer until the texture resembles crumble mix.
2. Add the sourdough starter and milk and slowly mix until combined.
3. Remove from bowl and press out onto a lightly floured surface to about 3cm thick.
4. Cut the dough into 6cm rounds and place on a baking tray.
5. Brush the tops with milk.
6. Bake for 14-16 mins or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
Note: For best results, chill the butter and sourdough starter (the rapid change in temperature to a very hot oven helps the scones to rise).