100g refridgerated sourdough discard, 1-5 days old
pinch of bicarbonate of soda
pinch of baking powder
sugar of choice to taste (about 1 heaped tsp)
salt to taste ( about 1 large pinch)
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and leave for 20 minutes.
2. After 20 minutes, mix a little again.
3. Place a pan on a medium heat and grease it with neutral oil or butter
4. pour the batter into the pan and leave to cook until bubbles form on top and the sides firm up.
5. once the sides are cooked, flip the pikelet and cook on the other side for 30 seconds to one minute. Enjoy with anything on top (I like to use peanut butter and date syrup).