You need to feed you starter 8-12 hrs before starting this recipe.
27 grams active sourdough starter
100grams organic white bread flour
100grams filtered water at 40c
Put all preferment ingredients into the bowl you are going to mix the dough in.
Mix the water with the starter first then add the flour.
Mix well cover with cling film or a shower cap and leave in a warm place for at least 6 hrs till bubbly
227grams bubbly starter (pre-ferment)
120grams warm water 40c
325 grams Shipton’s organic white flour
21 grams honey
57 grams melted butter
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
5 grams Shipton diastatic malt flour
125 grams grated cheddar cheese
1. Add the water to the preferment and mix well
2. Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix well
3. Turn the rough dough onto the work surface and knead for 10 mins, do not add any more flour to the dough, it will get less sticky and more manageable.
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl and lightly cover. Leave in a warm place
5. After an hour stretch and fold 6-10 times, leave to rest for 1 hour
6. Repeat stretch and folds and leave to rest for 1 hr
7. At the end of 3 hours , Shape the dough into a loaf by pulling the outside tight and rolling like a Swiss roll.
8.Put the bread in a lightly oiled or lined 1lb bread tin, measuring 81/2x41/2 inches. Cover with lightly oiled cling film or shower cap.
9. Leave in a warm place for 3-4 hrs unlit dough is about 1 inch above the rim
10. Put in fridge overnight
11. Preheat oven to 220c with a pan in the base of the oven
12. When oven is at required temperature, take the dough from the fridge- you can slash it if you want, place it in oven add a jug of water to the tin
13. Turn the oven down to 205c bake for 20 mins
14. Remove the pan of water from the oven and continue to cook for 20 mins.