Makes 4 extra large rolls
- 150g mashed potato with 1tsp of mustard powder mixed in
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 3tsp fine salt
- 7g dried yeast
- 225ml luke warm water
- 4tsp olive oil
- Mix the flour, salt, yeast and mashed potato in a bowl.
- Form a well in the centre, add the water and oil then bring together into a dough.
- On a floured worktop knead the dough for 10 mins.
- Put it in a lightly oiled bowl and prove until doubled in size (about 70mins).
- Turn the dough out, knock it back and divide into 4.
- Roll each piece into a long roll shape.
- Cover with a damp cloth and prove until doubled again (about 50 mins).
- Pre-heat oven to 230c. (temp quoted is for a fan assisted oven).
- Lightly dust the rolls with flour and bake for 20mins or until golden.
Leave to cool and enjoy!