Makes 5-6 scones
- Preheat oven to 250°C or as hot as it will go
- 250g plain white flour
- 100g raisins
- 80g unrefined caster sugar
- 7.5g bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 125g natural yoghurt
- 125g whole milk
- Combine all of the dry ingredients together, add the wet ingredients and mix well, but do not over mix.
- Quickly tip the mix out onto a well floured surface and sprinkle flour over the top.
- Press down till about 1 inch thickness.
- Take a pastry cutter and press out the scones onto a baking tray, around a couple of cm apart. Make them whatever size you like.
- Shape lightly into high rounds and place into the oven.
- Bake for approx 10-15 mins or until golden.
Delicious as a scone - buttered, then jam & cream (you choose the order!)
Thanks for this recipe to .... me! Michelle Hunn At the Rustic Kitchen :)