- 500g Strong White Flour
- 260ml Cold Whole Milk
- 10ml Marsala or Cointreau
- 1 Whole Egg + 3 Yolks
- 5g of Dry Yeast or 15g of Fresh Yeast at room temperature
- 10g Honey
- 130g White Sugar
- 110g Soft Unsalted Butter
- 7g Salt
- Orange peel, lemon peel, vanilla pod
- Dissolve yeast in milk.
- Mix the flour, milk and eggs at low speed.
- After 2 minutes add the liquor with the aromas.
- After 10 minutes add the honey.
- After 5 minutes add the sugar, a little at a time.
- After about 10 minutes, the dough will be knotted, then add soft butter, a little at a time.
- Finally, add the salt.
- The dough must be smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for 2-3 hours at room temperature, or until doubled in size then refrigerate it for 24 hours.
The next day, leave the dough at room temperature for 1 hour.
Shape the dough into tight balls (110g each), let them rest for 10 minutes uncovered then add 15g of preshaped ball dough on top of each 110g ball for the decorative top.
Place the brioches on a baking paper, and let them rise at room temperature until almost doubled in size.
Pre-heat the oven at 170°/150° fan, make an egg wash by whisking an yolk and a splash of whole milk. Bake the brioches for about 25 minutes.