4 tbsps dark rye
4 tbsps light rye
4 tbsps unbleached white flour
4 tbsps walnut pieces
2 tbsps roasted sesame seed oil
2 tsps sea salt
rye sourdough starter
extra cooled boiled water
- mix flours, starter and water and leave covered overnight
- in the morning roast on hot griddle the walnuts and salt in sesame oil until browned (about 5 minutes)
- pour water onto nuts to soak for a few minutes until cooled
- add nuts, water and extra flour to form a homogenous mixture and knead for a few minutes.
- put in baking tin and leave to rise for at least 2 hours.
- bake in hot oven for 30 or 40 minutes