- 1 cup of rye flour
- 1 cup of spelt flour
- 1 tea spoon of baking powder
- 3 tea spoons of gingerbread spice mix
- 1 table spoon of cocoa
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 cup of almond milk (or any plant based milk)
- 2 medium eggs
- date syrup or brown sugar (as required to individual taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and base line your cake tin.
2. Mix together all "dry" ingredients in one bowl and mix together all "wet" ingredients in another bowl.
3. Combine all ingredients together until smooth and pour the mixture in the cake tin.
4. Bake for around 25 minutes at 180°C. ( When finished you can grate around 50g of dark chocolate on the cake if wanted.)
5. Let to cool down and enjoy! :-)