350g White Bread Flour
50g Spelt Wholwheat Flour
7g Sea Salt
40g Butter Unsalted (softened)
7g Dried Yeast
1/4tsp Cardamom (ground)
1/4tsp Nutmeg (ground)
1/4tsp Star Anise (ground)
1 pinch Cloves (ground)
175g - 200g Water
1 Large Quince
1tsp lemon juice
125g Dried Mixed Fruit
- Peel, core and chop Quince into chunks. Coat with lemon juice to prevent oxidation.
- Cook Quince until softened. Allow to cool.
- Add spices to Quince and blend.
- Mix flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add butter and rub in. Add sugar and quince.
- Activate, (if required) yeast and add to mixture.
- Add enough water to form a moist dough.
- Cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Use lift and fold method 4 times over 40 minutes.
- Add dried mixed fruit and repeat step 8.
- Place dough on work surface and stretch gently then fold to strengthen dough. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide into 8 pieces and form each piece into a ball.
- Place on baking tray slightly apart. Prove.
- Brush with milk, repeat after 2 minutes
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 200c.
- Allow to cool.