- Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 8/fan 180°C
- 250g pastry flour
- 225g butter or block margarine cut into small cubes
- 2tblsp caster sugar
- 6 tblsp cold water
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into a bowl in a stand mixer or food processor
- Add the butter and process until small lumps remain.
- Mix the lemon juice and water and add to bowl in one go.
- Mix until staring to come together.
- Remove and lightly knead into a ball.
- Wrap in cling or foil.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Use for your pie needs, it is best to start cooking at the temperature above for 10 minutes, then reduce to 180c/gas 6/160c fan for remainder of cooking time.
Thanks for this recipe to Anna Olsen