110gm unsalted butter
145g light brown soft sugar
1tbsp golden syrup
a few drops of vanilla extract
200gm plain flower
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
30gm pecan nuts (optional or nuts of your choice)
30gm dried cranberries
Makes about 12
1. Cream butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, syrup and egg and mix well.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder in a separate bowl and add to the wet ingredients.
3. Mix in cranberries and nuts.
4. Roll into a log 5cm, wrap in cling film and put in the fridge for about 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven at 170C or 325F, Gas 3.
6. Cut into discs about 2cm thick, put on lined baking trays allowing room to spread.
7. Bake for about 20-25 mins until pale gold. Remove and allow to cool but lovely served slightly warm!
8. They keep for a about a week in an air tight container - but they are usually gone in one day in my house!