200 gr of discarded sourdough starter
120 gr of plain flour (You can mix any flour. I use plain flour and/or wholemeal flour, splet flour etc.)
30 ml of olive oil (any other oil will do if you don't have any)
1/2 tsp of sea salt flakes
1 tbsp of paprika
t tsp of smoked paprika
1tsp of garlic powder
1tsp of chili powder
1tsp of rosemary (optional)
Some black pepper
- Mix everything together in a dough ball.
- Wrap in cling film and let is rest for at least 30 minutes to max 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, pre-heat the oven (175 degrees Celsius)
- Separate the dough in 2, then each ball in 4.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough between two sheets of baking parchment, so it gets quite thin (not paper thin or it will burn in the oven). I've never tried, but you could use a pasta machine if you have one.
- Sprinkle with water and sea salt flakes.
- Bake on the parchment sheet for around 15 minutes. As ovens are different, you will need to check regurlarly. The maximum I have done was 20 minutes. It all depends on the thickness of the crackers.
- Let them cool for a few minutes. They can be kept in a tin for several days.