125g Soft Light Brown Sugar
175g Plain Flour (Shipton Organic)
2tsp Baking Powder
1 Orange (organic) - zest and juice from remaining orange after using slices for lining pudding basin.
5tbls Orange Seville Marmalade
- In a mixing bowl add the butter and sugar. Creaming method.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well until incorporated. Add orange zest. Stir in.
- Grease a 2 pint ceramic pudding basin with butter. Add marmalade to bottom and line with two rows of orange slices in your preferred pattern.
- Sieve Flour, Baking Powder, Allspice and salt. Add to mixing bowl and fold in until incorporated. Add orange juice and extra milk if required to form a dropping consistency.
- Spoon into the pudding basin carefully, level.
- Cover basin with baking parchment or linen cover. Create a lined crease for expansion.
- Steam for around 90 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove from steamer, take off lid and slide a palette knife around the edges of the basin. Turn out onto a warmed plate for serving with ice cream or clotted cream.