Milk steamed bread
All purpose organic white flour 300g
Warm whole milk 100g
Warm water 50g
Organic dried active yeast 3g
Olive oil (optional) 15g
Cranberries (optional) 20g
1. Add sugar in the cup with warm water (about 40 °C).
2. Activate yeast in the warm sugary water and leave it for 10 minutes.
3. Mix flour with warm milk and olive oil if added.
4. Pour the yeast into the mixture and mix them well.
5. Adjust flour if the dough is too wet or add more water if it is too dry.
6. Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes and leave it to rest for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
7. Press your finger into the middle of the dough, if it is set and the hole stays, the first proof is done.
8. Use rolling pin to roll out the dough 5 mm thick, and brush the surface of the dough with water. Sprinkle over cranberries on the dough if required.
9. Roll the dough tightly into a sausage shape.
10. Cut into 30 mm portions.
11. Put each individual dough on a square baking paper for 2nd proof in about 1-1.5 hours or until the dough rises its double size and lighter when you lift it up. (Or press the dough gently and it bounces back slowly.)
12. Put them evenly in the steamer starting with cold water and cook it for 15 minutes after the water is boiling.
13. Enjoy it!