- 150g White Spelt Flour
- 150g Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 20g Baking Powder
- 60g Butter
- 100g Sultanas
- 50g Castor Sugar
- 80g Creme Fraiche
- 1 lightly beaten Egg
- 80ml Full Fat Milk
PREHEAT OVEN TO 220O DEGREES/GAS MARK 7
- Place both flours in mixing bowl with baking powder and stir to combine.
- Rub in Butter to a fine crumb consistency
- Add the Sugar and the sultanas, stir again to distribute evenly
- Add the Creme Fraiche and mix
- Add the lightly beaten egg and mix
- Now add the milk slowly to obtain a firm dough - you made need a little less that 80mls or possibly a touch more
- Once you have your dough combined in your bowl, turn out onto a floured surface
- Give the dough a couple of kneads and form it into a ball
- Now using your hands press the dough into a rectangular shape, approx. 1/2inch thick
- Using a Palette knife, cut the dough into 6 square pieces and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 18 - 20 mins until well risen and golden brown.
- Serve warm with lots of butter
This is my own recipe, adapted from my normal scone recipe.