- 1 Cup Organic Light Malthouse Flour
- 1/2 Cup Organic 100% Wholemeal Flour
- 1/2 Cup White Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Table Salt
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 Cup Sourdough Starter
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 3/4 Cups Whole Milk
1. Lightly oil and pre-heat a small (12-14cm) frying pan on a low-medium heat.
2. Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add the sourdough starter, egg, vegetable oil and milk. Mix until combined.
3. Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the frying pan, you should see bubbles forming on top as it cooks.
4. Cook the first side until the first few bubbles have popped.
5. Turn over and cook the other side for approx. 1-2 minutes or until golden-brown.
6. Repeat for the remaining batter.
Note: If using all white flour, reduce the milk to 1 1/2 cups.