For the pastry:
200g Shipton Mill Organic soft cake and pastry flour
pinch of salt
25g icing sugar
100g baking block, cut into small chunks
Approx 3 tbsp water to mix
For the filling:
300g silken tofu
250g caster sugar
4 unwaxed lemons - zested and juiced (approx 100ml juice)
1 tsp lemon extract
55g Shipton Mill Organic soft cake and pastry flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
Optional Raspberries to decorate
Icing Sugar to dust tart
1. Sift the flour, icing sugar and salt into a large bowl and add the baking block.
2. Use your fingertips to rub the fat into the flour until you have a mixture that resembles coarse breadcrumbs with no large lumps of margarine remaining (or you can pulse in a food processor).
3. Bring the mixture together to form a dough with approximately 3-4 tablespoons of water.
4. Wrap the dough in cling-film and chill for 10-15 minutes before using.
5. Heat oven to GM 4 / 180 C
6. Roll out pastry and line a 23cm / 9 inch fluted flan tin
7. Prick the pastry with a fork and line the pastry case with baking parchment and cover with ceramic beans. Bake in the oven for about 25 mins. Remove the parchment and beans, and cook for a further 5 mins. Take out of oven and place on a baking tray to cool slightly.
8. Whisk together all the filling ingredients in a blender.
9. Pour into the pastry case.
10. Bake in the oven for about 50 mins. The tart will have some movement when wiggled.
11. Cool to room temperature and decorate with raspberries, if using.
12. Dust with icing sugar.
Serve with vegan cream or ice cream.