Note: this is a corrected version, as I had initially posted it with a couple of errors
- 30g storage starter
- 190g water
- 150g bread flour
- 440g water
- 630g bread flour (I use either Untreated organic white No. 4 or Finest baker's white No.1)
- 180g organic spelt wholemeal or organic wholemeal wheat flour
- 50g honey
- 30g wheat germ and bran
- 30g malted wheat flakes
- 19g salt
- Prepare starter the night before, rest about 12 hours
- Remove 30g of your overnight starter and replace in storage starter
- To begin the dough, add water first, mix to dissolve starter, then all other ingredients except the salt, mix together and leave for 45 minutes to autolyze.
- Add salt, mix together well, and work the dough for 5 minutes or so.
- Leave in the bowl to rest for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Fold one way, then the other way, and rest for another 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Form loaves and leave to prove about 1 hour 40 minutes (if your oven take about 20 minutes to heat), then heat the oven to 230.
- Two hours after forming the loaves, score and bake for 20 minutes at 220-225, then another 20 minutes at 195.
Thanks for this recipe to Austin Hall, whose sourdough I have adapted here....