Levy Larder Gluten Free Bread Flour Blend - Yes there is a lot of ingredients but I make my bread flour blend in bulk and take what I need. If you don't use the same blend of flours, it won't work anywhere near as well.
115 g Cornflour Starch
65 g Tapioca Starch
90 g Potato Starch
40 g Teff (Brown or White)
25 g Sorghum
20 g Buckwheat
5 g Baking Powder
5 g Xanthan Gum
5 g Guar Gum
5 g Salt
1tsp flavouring (something like Cinnamon, Onion, Nutritional Yeast works well. Optional)
50 g Ground Almonds (this helps to keep the rolls soft for longer. You can leave it out and add an extra 50 g of the flour blend if you prefer)
400 g Tepid Water
11 g Bioreal Organic Active Yeast
1 tsp Honey. Only used to give a good colour to your rolls (optional)
50 g Apple Puree
2 Chia eggs (2 Tbls ground Chia seeds mixed with 6 Tbls tepid water and left for 10 mins to gel)
1 Tbls Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp Olive oil
• Make the Chia egg by mixing the ground seeds with tepid water. Leave for about 10 mins to go gloopy.
• Put Water, Honey and Apple into your mixing bowl.
• Add the Yeast which will sink to the bottom of the bowl.
• Mix all your dry ingredients together.
• When Yeast starts to float, turn on mixer and add flour blend.
• Add Chia Egg, Cider Vinegar and Olive Oil.
• Mix for 10 mins on a low to medium power (Nr 3) using a paddle, not a dough hook, until well combined and no lumps. Mixing for this length of time is important as it really helps the gums to activate. This is a thick batter / slack dough.
• Put 112 g of dough into each roll mould (this mix will make 9 rolls). Lekue Silicone Burger bun moulds are excellent for these rolls. Put the roll moulds onto a baking sheet to contain them.
• Cover and put somewhere warm to prove for 1 hour to double in size.
• Pre heat your oven to 190 deg C fan and place an old baking tray at the bottom of the oven.
• When the dough has doubled, put into the oven. Pour a good cup of boiling water into the old baking tray and bake for 35 mins.
When cooked remove from moulds and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
Tags: Gluten Free, Rolls, Buns.