Pre-heat the fan oven to 180°C, and prepare a 6 x large hole muffin tray with tulip cases. The holes should measure 5x5cm.
160g frozen raspberries
100g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
80g ground almonds
60g white rice flour
40g maize starch
30g sunflower seeds
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
160g grated organic apple, (no need to peel if organic)
zest of 1 lemon
- Weigh the flours, sunflower seeds, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in another bowl with an electric whisk.
- Add the lemon zest and beat again.
- Stir in the grated apple.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Stir the thawing raspberries briefly through the mixture.
- Spoon into the prepared tulip cases, the mixture should be almost level with the top of the holes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin should come out very nearly clean when done.
- Remove the muffins to a cooling rack to prevent condensation forming under the paper cases.