Makes around 9 biscuits
110g Shipton Mill GF All Purpose Flour Blend
100g cubed, unsalted butter
50g ground almonds
50g icing sugar
50g chopped pistachio nuts
¼ tsp guar gum
zest of 1 lemon
- Pre-heat fan oven to 160℃
- Weigh the flour, ground almonds and guar gum into a bowl and dry whisk together.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients and the lemon zest into the creamed butter and sugar, or if you're using a food processor, pulse to form a soft dough.
- Using Clingfilm, roll the dough into a log approximately 12-14cm long and refrigerate for at least an hour. Can be left overnight.
- Slice into 9 cookies (just over 1cm thick) and bake on parchment for around 20 minutes until brown at the edges and going brown in the middle.
The oven times vary - domestic oven tends to be slower. Adjust the baking time so that the final result is short and crispy rather than soft.