120g Shipton Mill All-Purpose white flour blend
1 pinch salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp caster sugar
2 medium eggs, separated
¼ tsp good vanilla essence
20g melted butter
80g fresh blueberries
1. Weigh the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a bowl.
2. Separate the yolks from the whites and beat the whites with an electric whisk until they form soft peaks.
3. Gently heat a frying pan with a little butter over a medium heat.
4. Beat the yolks, milk and vanilla essence into the flour mix.
5. Add the melted butter and beat again.
6. Carefully fold the whipped egg whites through the batter, add the blueberries and stir again.
7. Drop a large tablespoon of the batter into the hot pan, when it sets and bubbles form turn over and cook on the other side.
8. Repeat with the remaining batter and serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit.