100g Shipton Mill All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
50g ground almonds
1 pinch salt
1½ tsp gf baking powder
80g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
1 tsp good vanilla essence
50g flaked almonds
180g washed and chopped organic eating apple, if not organic peel first
juice of ½ lemon
1. Pre-heat a fan oven to 180˚C and line the muffin tin with tulip cases.
2. Weigh the flour, ground almonds, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the vanilla essence, chopped apple and flaked almonds and stir with a spatula.
5. Fold the dry ingredients into the mixture.
6. Stir the lemon juice through the mixture and divide between the muffin cases.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until brown and then remove to a wire rack to cool.