• 1 cup sorghum flour
• 1 cup brown rice flour
• 2 tablespoons whole flax meal
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 3 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
• 2 large eggs
• 1 ½ cups almond milk
• extra coconut oil for frying.
If you are not sugar free you can add 2 tablespoon sugar to dry ingredients.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl whisk together coconut oil, eggs and almond milk.
- Whisk this liquid mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Let the batter sit for about 15 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Heat the pan over a moderate heat, then wipe it with oiled kitchen paper. Ladle some batter into the pan, tilting the pan to move the mixture around for a thin and even layer. If the pan is the right temperature, the pancake should turn golden underneath after about 1 min and will be ready to turn.
- Flipping pancakes: Hold the pan handle, ease a fish slice under the pancake, then quickly lift and flip it over. Make sure the pancake is lying flat against base of the pan with no folds, then cook for another 1min.
More recipes you can find on my blog www.cookeatandtravel.blogspot.co.uk